Sunday, August 8, 2010

Appreciation

IIIIII'mmmmm baaaaaccccckkkkkk. LOL, LMFAO, IDK, JK, BRB, LMNOP, TRFFGHRIIR, ALKAFHOAERIFHFERRATIOH..... Woah I'm gettin dizzy.

So I was very sick last week. Hince the no blog. I mean stomach flu, could barely roll over to prevent bed sores kind of sick. Wanna hear all the details of the stomach flu? Hehe. I promise you don't.

So today I am going to write about appreciation. I caught myself this week feeling sorry for myself because I don't have some of the things that I had hoped to have had by now. I don't have a wife, I don't have kids, and most importantly, I don't even have a BOAT!!!! Can you believe this crap!

But then I heard the news that some of our friends lost their 4 month old child. Wow. A shot of perspective please bartender.

You know those times where you are in a funk and then a breeze of the wind completely snaps you out of it and puts you in a completely different state of mind? And you suddenly feel like yourself again. This was one of those times. I (in like 3.6 seconds) realized how much I had. Sometimes we get so caught up in the things we are striving for; which we should never stop striving for greatness; that we forget about how much we are blessed.

I LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this quote.

We have no right to ask when a sorrow comes, 'Why did this happen to me?', unless we ask the same question for every joy that comes our way.” - Anonymous

I have so many blessings in my life, and beyond that, God has a plan and is executing it. I may not have a few things, but I have many. That's a pretty decent quote in itself if I may say so... myself....

I don't get to see my friends all that often, but you know what, I have them. I may not see all of my family oh so often, but I know that they would sacrafice everything for me and I would do the same and no matter what sorrows come across, that's enough for me to be completely content.

What do we need to be truly happy? God. Family. Friends.
I've got 'em.





No comments:

Post a Comment