Sunday, June 27, 2010

Well sorry I missed a blog last week. I was... uhh.. ya know what I don't have to explain myself to you! Maybe I was saving a baby from.... a uh.....burning..uh........bear. Yeah you think bears are mean, try setting one on fire. Maybe I was saving the world from global warming. It was very non-exisistingly difficult. Maybe I was watchin Glee in my underwear eating Cheetos. One of those is true. You pick.

So I couldn't really think of anything to blog about this week. I don't know if it's cause I haven't really had new stuff goin on lately or if the creative juices just aren't flowing at the moment. Hopefully it's the first. I haven't had much of the new goin on but it's been fun. I've just been goin fishing and hiking, playin some basketball, and golfing. Man that really sounds like a horrible time.

But I came across this quote and it really applies to my life.

Sunday Funday Boat Quote!!!!

"Living involves tearing up one rough draft after another." ~Author Unknown

I hate doing author unknown quotes but I really like this one. My sister wrote a blog recently that I really enjoyed. It's about trying new things. Well I sure haven't had a problem with that in my life. After high school I became a music major. After my first heart removal I decided to check out the big city and moved to St. Louis. There I started working construction. Then I moved back and tried out the whole small business owner thing. It went well for a while but it wasn't for me.

I've washed cars, waited tables, folded clothes, power washed houses, did drafting drawings, gotten paid to perform, yada yada yada. I've always just let the wind blow me where it may. Uhh that uhh... continuing.

Point is, we keep writing rough drafts in life untill we learn a little bit about how to write. Well after a lot of different attempts at different chapters, I know I have at least published one part of my story. I am a firefighter. No matter what kind of M. Night Shyamalan twists come along, that is etched in stone. That is what I want to do and no matter what happens, I will always be a part of the brotherhood that is firefighting.

I work and hang out with a lot of young poeple out here and if could say one thing to them it would be, just keep "writing". Those friends of your's that have it all figured out at 20 are going to be bored for life. Make mistakes. Go for broke. And if it doesn't work, start on a new page. One of my best friends Josh actually started me on writing and the first thing he said to me when we started was, "Just write. If it's crap then move on and just write."

Boy, for not having anything to write about this is a long ass blog.

So another quote? That's ok. Sit down. Breathe. Ready?

"Life’s like a novel with the end ripped out." ~Danny Orton

Just remember that life is full of twists, subplots, comedy, drama, romance, music, and creative characters. The trick is to write. May God bless every page you publish.

1 comment:

  1. Really well written! Pun intended!! Love it! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete