Sunday, February 28, 2010

Goals

Oh what a day!!!!!!!! Oh what a sweet day. Today I took my state exam and pack test to become certified in wildland firefighting. First of all, I have been leaning toward fighting wildfires as a career. Today confirmed it. I knew I would love it and I did. Working 16 hours a day to keep people safe from fire and see beautiful scenery while in the process? Yeah I'll take it. God has been pulling me in this direction and man I can't tell you how awesome it is to finally find something that just calls to you.

So to explain the pack test, HARD. 3 miles in 45 minutes. Now strap 45 pounds to your back. Its a lot more weight than you might think. It's more than 44! You have to walk at a rate that is as fast as jogging but you are not allowed to jog. One poor guy came in at 45:52. No Cert For You!!!

So I KNOW you are just dying with anticipation for the Sunday Funday Boat Quote. Or maybe saying DAMMIT another Sunday Funday Boat Quote. Well either way here goes..........

When you arrive at a fork in the road, take it. - Yogi Berra

Many more Yogi Berra qoutes to come. When you come to a fork in your life, you won't always be able to see exactly which road to take. The point is to pray first and then go with your gut. Faith. I am at a point where I have a lot of different opportunities to engage. So I am at a fork in the road. And I am going to take it!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I'm so proud of you!!! I need to take the fork too!

    ReplyDelete